Green Tips while at work
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. It’s healthier and more eco-friendly.
- Ask your employer about telecommuting or a compressed work week.
- Use sleep mode and turn your computer off when you are gone. By activating the sleep mode on your computer you can reduce its electricity consumption to less than 5% of full power.
- Only print what you need, print with low ink resolution, use both sides of the paper, and print two pages per sheet when possible. Paper can be up to 70% of a typical office’s waste.
- Put a plant at your desk to protect from germs, absorb pollutants, replenish oxygen levels, and reduce fatigue and stress. A plant not only looks nice at but it also acts as a natural air filter.
- Try reusable containers for packed lunches to avoid unnecessary trash.